Beef Herdsperson (Berkshire and Oxfordshire)
Beeswax Dyson Farming is a hugely diverse farming business with a long term vision to improve our soils and act as a beacon of innovation in the development of agricultural technology. We currently farm across Lincolnshire, Oxfordshire and South Gloucestershire and have a significant environmental commitment.
|Job Title||Beef Herdsperson|
|Full Time/Part Time||45 per week plus any additional hours as necessary|
|Reporting to||Farm Manager|
Due to expansion of the company’s activities in Berkshire and Oxfordshire we now require a knowledgeable and dedicated herdsperson to help develop and run our new beef enterprise. The ideal candidate will have first class technical knowledge and experience in beef herd management, being prepared to take responsibility for the day to day running of the unit and reporting to the Farm Manager.
- Coordination of day-to-day operations, to include feeding, bedding, weighing, recording, stocktaking and planning activities.
- It is the responsibility of the herdsperson to fully utilise the equipment and infrastructure within the business to gain maximise benefit, whether that is physical or financial.
- You will be working with the Farm Manager and Vet to put together the relevant health plans and keeping all required records relating to veterinary medicines and withdrawals.
- Ensure the high standard of the estate appearance is maintained, making improvements wherever possible.
- To ensure as far as is practically possible that no business activity impacts adversely on the reputation of the Dyson brand.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal development by undergoing training where necessary.
- Proactively promote and maintain high standards of Health and Safety across the Farms, taking initiative to resolve and/or draw attention to areas that do not meet required standards.
- Any other ad hoc duties within your capabilities.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Basic IT skills and a competent user of Microsoft Office
- Professional manner when dealing with work colleagues, visitors and the general public
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks
- Strong sense of discretion, appreciating the confidentiality of the work
- Ability to work under own initiative but also as part of a multi-functional team
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude and commitment to health and safety
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive benefits package including pension and life assurance. Modern family accommodation available.
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.View all vacancies