Estate Groundsperson (Gloucestershire)
Job Title Estate Grounds Person
Full Time/Part Time Full time
Contract Type Permanent
Reporting to Estate Surveyor
The successful candidate will operate across our Gloucestershire estates, reporting directly to the Estate Surveyor. This will be a wide ranging and diverse role including, but not limited to;
• Ensuring the estate is maintained and presented to good standard throughout the year maintaining, conserving and enhancing the estate
• Responsibility for grass cutting, strimming, maintenance and upkeep of fences, hedges and paths
• Weed control on hardstanding areas, yards, tracks and paths by the appropriate spraying of pesticides safely in accordance with COSHH assessments. Keep up to date records of product used and location applied.
• Clear up fallen trees/tree limbs across the estate as appropriate
• Ensure public rights of way across the estate are kept clear, safe, accessible and not overgrown for public use
• Assist with ground clearance/tidying up for larger projects across the estate as required
• Ensure sensitive groundsmanship whilst working in an AONB
• Ensure the safe use of ATV and attachments and a wide range of tools including chainsaws and spraying of pesticides/fertilizers
• To support the farm and property teams in relevant tasks and carry out any other reasonable work as and when necessary
• Estimating materials and supplies and keeping stocks for the tasks outlined above
• Compliance with the Beeswax Dyson Health and Safety Policy
• Maintenance of estate and hired in equipment, records to be kept and schedules adhered to.
• To communicate with line manager about any situation or occurrence where the company can improve the level of efficiency whilst maintaining the highest standard of work.
• Ensure that the correct training and qualification has been undertaken prior to a new task commencing.
Person specification /Core Competencies
• Honesty and reliability
• Good organisational skills.
• Professional manner.
• Self-motivation, drive and enthusiasm with a proactive and flexible approach to work.
• Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks.
• Ability to work under own initiative but also as part of the wider Beeswax team.
• Awareness of Health and Safety and a willingness to undergo appropriate training where needed.
• Full Clean Driving Licence
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.View all vacancies