Farm Foreman (Gloucestershire)
|Job Title||Farm Foreman|
|Full Time/Part Time||Full Time|
|Reporting to||GL Farm Manager|
Beeswax Dyson Farming is a hugely diverse farming business with a long-term vision to improve our soils and act as a beacon of innovation in the development of agricultural technology. We are looking for Farm Foreman to join the team based in South Gloucestershire. You will be expected to plan and carry out arable operations whilst working closely with the Farm Manager to achieve the core business targets.
- Coordination of the day-to-day operations. This will include cultivations, drilling, harvesting and storage.
- Plan and oversee the machinery within the fleet. Ensure that all resources are optimised to achieve the best crop yields. Responsible for the maintenance of all machinery in line with the requirements of the operation. Coordination with dealerships for back up and repair, understanding of GPS use and set up.
- Ensure active monitoring of systems of work to maintain Health and Safety standards in line with Beeswax Farming’s policy.
- Crops in Store – Arrange the correct storage of crops to ensure quality is maintained. This includes the active monitoring of all aspects of crop storage such as moistures, temperatures, pests and vermin and the maintenance of accurate records as by Crop Assurance schemes. All results must be recorded and reported to the Farm Manager. You will also be responsible for coordinating the movements of crops out of store.
- Growing crop care – Monitor and manage the vermin control on growing crops. Assist with the monitoring of weeds, pests and diseases.
- Ensure the high standard of the estate appearance is maintained, making improvements wherever possible. You will ensure that any issues are escalated to the Farm Manager.
- Seek to identify areas for improvement and develop new initiatives to improve the performance of the business.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across the farm and wider business including livestock and property.
- Identify and set the highest standards of overall performance for the business.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal development by undergoing training where necessary.
- Proactively promote and maintain high standards of Health and Safety across the Farms, taking initiative to resolve and/or draw attention to areas that do not meet required standards.
- Any other ad hoc duties within your capabilities.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT skills
- Professional manner
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative but also as part of a multifunctional team
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude and commitment to health and safety
To apply please submit a CV and covering letter by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.View all vacancies