Packhouse (Technical) Manager
Beeswax Dyson Farming is a hugely diverse farming business with a long-term vision to improve our soils and act as a beacon of innovation in the development of agricultural technology. Due to continued expansion, we are recruiting a Packhouse/Technical Manager to work in our newly constructed, state of the art glasshouse to assist in the production, storage and packaging of strawberries.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day running of the packhouse
- Responsibility of ensuring the smooth running of modern packing lines
- Proactive attitude and commitment to health and safety
- Communicating with employees, customers and third parties.
- Responsibility of managing the packing process
- Ensure a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues by adhering to company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as required by your line manager
- 3 years-experience in a similar role
- BRC, HACCP, LEAF and Red Tractor accredited
- Understanding of fresh produce quality requirements
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT skills including Excel.
- Professional manner and effective communication skills
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks
- Ability to work under own initiative but also as part of a multifunctional team
The successful candidate will be required to work extended hours and weekends during Harvest.View all vacancies