Beeswax Dyson Farming is a hugely diverse farming business with a commitment to the long term improvement of the land it owns and farms. We currently farm across the UK from South Gloucestershire to Lincolnshire with a significant commitment to good farming practice and the development of agricultural technology.
Job Purpose/ Scope
We are currently able to offer a 12 month work placement to individuals who are enthusiastic, hands on and IT literate. The purpose of this role is to allow a high achieving student to apply the theory gained through their studies in a commercial and professional environment. The experience should allow the student to acquire knowledge and experience that will underpin studies in the later stages of their course and attain the practical, interpersonal and business skills needed in the workplace. Working with experienced farm managers the student will develop an appreciation of management skills and gain experiences on which to base future career plans. The role will require effective collaboration with the rest of the team to ensure the efficient running the Beeswax Dyson operation.
The main duties and responsibilities will be agreed with the successful candidate on appointment in order to meet the needs and interests of the individual. A structured training program will be put in place to ensure development within the role.
31-36 AD plant
37-40 Property and Livestock
Throughout the placement approximately 80% of time will be spent on practical elements whilst the remainder will involve desk based work.
Person specification / Core competencies
- Studying towards an undergraduate qualification in Agriculture.
- Previous experience in a farming business, or similar position (involving some of the key tasks listed above).
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Computer literate.
- Professional manner.
- Confident communication skills, with the ability to interact with individuals from a range of backgrounds.
- Proactive and flexible approach to work.
- Willing to take responsibility and ownership for tasks.
- Keen to suggest improvements to current ways of working.
- Ability to work autonomously when required, whilst still possessing strong team work skills.